McCormack + Kristel is a national provider of executive search consulting services for nonprofit and philanthropic organizations. Established in 1993, as McCormack & Associates, by veteran search consultant Joseph A. McCormack, the firm was the first openly LGBTQ-owned retained search firm in the country and among the first to specialize in diversity recruiting.
Founded with the mission of filling senior leadership positions in the HIV/AIDS sector during the height of the AIDS epidemic, today, McCormack + Kristel serves a broad spectrum of mission-driven organizations with a focus on advocacy, healthcare, social services, and social justice. Over the last six years, the firm has led 70 searches. Recent placements include CEOs, C-Suite executives, and board members for organizations including the ACLU, the Dr. Susan Love Foundation, Lambda Legal, Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, NRDC, SAGE and TransForm.
McCormack + Kristel is veteran- and woman-owned and a longtime certified diversity supplier. A true boutique practice, members of the firm’s five-person team are all subject matter experts dedicated to strengthening leadership and building capacity within nonprofit organizations and the foundations that support them.
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the Recruiting Coordinator works closely with the firm’s partners, consultants, and associates to support successful client engagements and business development activities. A skilled project manager and effective communicator, the Recruiting Coordinator is a key contributor to the delivery of organized and efficient searches that meet deliverables and timeline goals. Often the first point of contact with candidates and prospective clients, the Coordinator is a key relationship manager throughout all phases of the search process and the embodiment of the firm’s commitment to superior customer service and respectful treatment of all.
This is an excellent opportunity for an organized self-starter to contribute to the many facets of retained executive search consulting and to grow professionally as an integral member of a respected and pioneering executive search firm.
- Provide Administrative Support to Partners, Consultants and Associates
- Draft and format materials, including:
- Recruitment Profiles
- Candidate Reports
- Interview Packages
- Status Updates
- Schedule calls and meetings with candidates, clients, and prospective clients
- Book travel and coordinate travel logistics
- Create, update, and ensure consistency and accuracy of database records
- Facilitate Candidate Flow through the Search Process
- Review and acknowledge applications
- Keep candidates apprised of search status
- Gather candidate materials and enter into database
- Secure authorizations and run employment, social media and background checks
- Advise candidates on travel arrangements and coordinate expense reimbursements
- Execute Social Media and Marketing Activities on behalf of the firm and its clients including:
- Manage LinkedIn and Twitter accounts
- Develop and implement strategies to increase followers
- Manage email marketing through database (Encore Max) and Mailchimp
- Post recruitment profiles on websites and job boards
- Update website content
- Maintain brand consistency across all materials and platforms
- Provide Research and Business Development Support to Partners, Consultants and Associates
- Conduct internet research to compile target organizations and develop search strategies
- Utilize Boolean search to identify prospective candidates
- Review social media, news and announcements for potential business opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Project Management skills including the ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, including a sophisticated understanding of Word and Outlook;
- Prior experience with database entry and management; Encore Max, File Finder, Bullhorn, Talent Rover or other recruiting specific database experience is a plus;
- Boolean search or other advanced online research skills;
- Familiarity with Adobe Pro, Word Press, Mailchimp, and Survey Monkey;
- Awareness of social media content optimization strategies and digital marketing trends
- Nonprofit sector experience is preferred;
- Prior experience in retained or contingency search, staffing or HR is ideal.
- Passion for strengthening mission-driven nonprofits;
- Knowledge of the history, issues and influencers in the LGBTQ and HIV/AIDS movements;
- An understanding of Social, Racial, Economic and Environmental Justice;
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Dedication to providing exceptional client service;
- Comfort working remotely and independently.
McCormack + Kristel offers a competitive salary and benefits including health insurance and generous paid time off. Professional development is encouraged; opportunities for professional growth and resources for training will be provided. Annual revenue-based bonuses are paid to all employees and profit-sharing opportunities will be extended to the exceptional candidate we are seeking.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
McCormack + Kristel believes diversity, equity, and inclusion are the essential pillars of healthy, thriving organizations. The firm was established with a mission to ensure all qualified candidates are given equal consideration by our clients. Through continuous learning and process enhancements, we endeavor to minimize bias in the candidate evaluation and selection process and increase diverse leadership in the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors. With the understanding that equitable policies and inclusive cultures are critical to the success of diverse placements, we commit to providing constructive insights and honest feedback to our clients.
Core to our firm’s values is the belief that all organizations, including our own, should reflect the rich diversity of the communities and constituents they serve and the country we call home. We embrace diverse perspectives and experiences and strive to create a culture that is welcoming and inclusive.
The McCormack + Kristel team works remotely from home and shared offices across the country. The Recruiting Coordinator can work from anywhere with the understanding that most client business is conducted between the hours of 9 am ET and 5 pm PT and regular work hours will fall within this window.
Please submit, in confidence, your cover letter and résumé as attachments via e-mail to:
Michelle Kristel, Managing Partner
1740 Broadway, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212.531.5003 | Fax: 212.203.9599
McCormack + Kristel is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, veteran status, height, weight, disability, record of arrest or conviction, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.