Founded in 2004, the Immigration Center for Women and Children (ICWC) is a nonprofit organization providing free and affordable immigration services to underrepresented immigrants in California and Nevada. ICWC strives to provide security and stability for children who are abused, abandoned, or neglected and for immigrants who are survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and other violent crimes.
ICWC’s team is recognized nationally for their humanitarian immigration law expertise and for the exceptional legal services they provide to immigrants who are survivors of violent crimes. To date, ICWC has served more than 45,000 individuals.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, with additional offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Las Vegas, ICWC operates with over 40 staff and a $3.8 million annual budget.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager will ensure ICWC is following best practices in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, and Information Technology. This position has been created to centralize and streamline processes, enhance systems, and improve efficiencies. The Finance Manager will partner with the Operations Manager and work closely with ICWC’s Leadership Team, and Accounting and IT consultants. Responsibilities include the following:
- Support annual and long-term budget planning processes;
- Manage all AR/AP functions and oversee accurate income and expense tracking;
- Oversee the production of accessible reports for the dissemination of financial data to the Leadership Team and the Board of Directors;
- Review and enhance fiscal systems and policies, including cash tracking procedures;
- Manage relationship with Accountants, coordinating audit activities and insuring timely and accurate tax filings and financial statements;
- Support fundraising activities through the development of budgets, and the collection and analysis of data for contract proposals and reports.
- Oversee payroll processing including ensuring accurate timesheet reporting and expense reimbursements;
- Direct benefits administration including managing health insurance renewals and providing guidance to employees on open enrollment and other benefit-related subjects;
- Review and serve as contact for vendor contracts;
- Ensure cost-effective coverage and timely renewal of insurance policies covering Worker’s Compensation, General and Professional Liability;
- Oversee maintenance and prudent upgrades of office equipment and furniture;
- Partner with IT Consultant to monitor technology needs and to assure technology is being effectively utilized to share data and facilitate processes.
- A minimum of five years of financial and administrative experience with a nonprofit organization;
- Demonstrated excellence in managing accounting, budgeting, payroll, HR and IT;
- An understanding of technology systems and best practices;
- Strong analytical skills and experience translating data into clear reports;
- Experience with legal services is not a requirement, but would be a significant plus;
- Familiarity with labor and employment law practices is also a plus;
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills, and Google Workspace;
- Strong writing skills and a meticulous attention to detail;
- Some Spanish language skills preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The ideal candidate will be a skillful manager with a passionate commitment to civil liberties and immigrants’ rights. They will have a collaborative and flexible style and well-developed customer service orientation. The Finance Manager will be a hands-on manager who enjoys mentoring and working with a diverse staff in a mission driven environment. They will thrive overseeing the many, varied, and multi-faceted responsibilities of the position. The new Finance Manager will be an effective communicator and a tech savvy leader who enjoys continuous improvement.
Over the last four years, punishing federal policies have brutalized our nation’s immigrants. For the clients they serve, ICWC’s work is lifesaving and lifechanging. This is an opportunity for a skilled professional to lead the financial and administrative functions of an organization that provides expert legal services to underrepresented and at-risk immigrants.
ICWC is offering a competitive salary, commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate, and an excellent benefits package including generous PTO, health, dental and vision insurance, a 403(b) savings plan with an employer matching contribution, flex spending accounts, and reimbursement for preventative wellness activities. Basic relocation expenses are available for the exceptional individual they are seeking.
The new Finance Manager will work in ICWC’s Los Angeles office.
Please submit cover letter and résumé as attachments via e-mail to:
1740 Broadway, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212.531.5003 | Fax: 212.203.9599
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. Please note that your education, dates of employment and other information will be verified prior to an offer.
Immigration Center for Women and Children is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. ICWC does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (including religious dress practice and religious grooming practice), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, sexual orientation, physical and mental disabilities, genetic characteristics or information, a diagnosis or history of cancer, uniformed service member status, veterans status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and/or local law.